"calm town under Alps" Kamnik by picek
Kamnik Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 47 photos
Not far from Ljubljana, Kamnik is small old town with well preserved historical core, and if you continue 10 kilometers further by side road, you'll get to spring (waterfall) of Kamniska bistrica river - good for hiking and taking fresh Alpine air into lungs.
Another spot in vicinity is best to be visited from late Spring till first snow: the mountain of Velika Planina. Cows, medicinal herbs, endless meadows and rocks, individual sheperd homes...
You can take a cable car to the hill station, or walk entierly... either way is great to get away from paved surfaces of the 'lower' world.
The sun will kiss your eyelids, and cold summer air will embrace.... upon return to the civilazation, those feelings will be never forgotten. Back then, I didn't have camera with me, but the portrait of the wonderful scenery visits from time to time, making me think to return again.
picek's Related Pages
Kamnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "calm town under Alps"
- "kamnik info"
- "Slovenian ALPS"
- "Morning in Kamnik"
- "a nice quite town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamnik
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Kamnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamnik
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues