"cold in April" Khoueng Louangphrabang by picek
Khoueng Louangphrabang Travel Guide: 1,092 reviews and 2,758 photos
Kuang Si waterfall is one of the hot spots in LPB province. If you long for refreshment on a hot day there's nothing better than bath in its milky waters.
So, is this place 'must see'? I think it is. When you come to falls in rainey season it will be lot more abundant with water than in dry times - but nevertheless you'll be enjoying refreshing cold at any time. Allow a few hours to stay in the area - in case you get tempted by clean pools and cascading falls.
See how local kids are enjoying here - and many foreigners too. Just kind advice: although you can see Western youngsters dressed in bikini this is not how locals would go swimming. Lao families come here too and they swim dressed in their clothes. Showing too much meat isn't well accepted in that society although they may say nothing. However if you can understand some language they do comment on behaviour and appearance of tourists. It's conservative society... do your best, okay?
Some people stop in Nong Khiaw on their way to Muang Ngoi, the other beautiful place by Nam Ou river bank.
When it was rainy you got that magificent landscape views like those on old Chinese paintings - yet we're in Northern Laos and among different people and mentality. I that time again apreciated clouds again and thanked them for inspiration.
I am day dreaming too, sometimes.
With current course of action their future is very unsure to put it mildly. I would be very careful which company to choose for things like 'elephant trekking' or mahout training.
You may think that tourism industry will help them, but that's only partly true. They're still exploited and live in other than their preferable habitat.
If you really want to benefit elephants just go where they're being in good care and not too exploited - go to Sayabuli's rescue centre.
- Pros:land of extreme beauty and history
- Cons:difficult to access some parts of the province
- In a nutshell:enjoy it while it last
It takes some 30 km from Luang Prabang and between 45 min to 1 hr driving to get to this gorgeous place. Water is... more travel advice
picek's Related Pages
Khoueng Louangphrabang Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Hotels in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Transportation in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Nightlife in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Restaurants in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Shopping in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- Warnings and Dangers in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khoueng Louangphrabang
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Khoueng Louangphrabang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khoueng Louangphrabang
Photos in Khoueng LouangphrabangSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues