Pecs Hotel Tips by picek Top 5 Page for this destination
Pecs Hotels: 273 reviews and 27 photos
We took two rooms as we were 5 people. One for two in number 10 was only 28 euro priced, and was bit dark and very tight, could suit better for one person I suppose.
We had room for 3, which is alltogether different story than previous room: spacious with one french bed and one normal bed. It cost us about 50 euro per night equivalent in HUF.
Breakfast was served between 7 - 10 am in upper floor, just below the roof. Normal breakfast that was - eggs, omlettes, cereals, something warm to drink.
Unique Qualities: I think the price is okay for the location, also for the cleanliness of rooms and quality of service, though the small one should be less I belive.
This hotel was designed upon a plan of a renowned architect, but from outside it wouldn't look whole that interesting. Real charm lies inside with its monumental, airy stairs which vertically connect the building from entry on a ground floor till the breakfast niche just below the roof. A reception is just in middle between two.
Staff speaks very good english and is helpful.
Hotel closes after 8 pm that's why the check in must be done before it; upon signing in, you're issued kexs to open the main doors so that you can come and leave as you wish.
Few nice views towards streets below extend from the rooms, though I thought the windows are little small, but nevertheless, we spent most of our time outside anyways.
It's dynamic building, which is one of the best things about the whole thing... I think every room is different, from what I saw on its plan.
There's also a restaurant in a ground floor from other entry and a small grocery shop; the garden looked very nice with fine terrace but we didn't sit outside there in winter.
As for parking: 3000 HUF comes 24 hr ticket, or 400 HUF per hour. This is public parking place which belongs to city, but there is place for a few cars right next to hotel. For the parking ticket, ask at the reception.
Address: Hunyadi Street. 2, Pecs, 7621, Hungary
Comparison: about average
Directions: in centre next to the main square (slightly behind a mosque)
relaxing will be fine
Very good option for few nights stay for your Pecs visit if you like quieter, green districts, slightly above the town on a hill slope at Marx street with nice views as you walk towards centre - it took us 20 min when we walked downhill and about 30 or more when we walked back in the middle of night, but hey, that time we walked slowly!
Nice setting there, plus the most houses around were family ones - all that within typical Hungarian neighbourhood, pavement by the fences, a little stretch of green with trees and bushes between it and the road, a little traffic and a public bus connection to the centre. Friendly locals, nice gardens, shade... these all make the district very pleasant.
Unique Qualities: Rooms are fine - clean yet modest, almost soundproof, bright and come with a TV that more or less have only Hungarian programmes.
We paid about 27 euro/night (in equivalent to HUF) for a room, breakfast (eggs, meat, drink... served between 7 - 10 am) is included in price.
Friendly and helpful staff, receptionists speak English.
Free map is available by them - but you need to ask.
They have a parking place behind the house - free of charge for the guests.
Take a walk to the town as it's very pleasant!
Address: Marx Utca 104, Pecs, 7627 Hungary
Comparison: about average
Directions: About 2 km to the centre - to Kiraly street. Or bus no. 39, the stop is near the guesthouse
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 072 213 108
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (49)
- See All Croatian club
- See All connected past with present
- See All served in non touristy area
- See All rock and roll inferno
picek's Related Pages
Pecs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "city at foot of Mecsek hill and Baranya capital"
- "A true, historic, European city!"
- " Pécs, my beautiful home town "
- "The Turkish South"
- "Pécs European Capital of Culture 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pecs
- Hotels in Pecs
- Transportation in Pecs
- Nightlife in Pecs
- Restaurants in Pecs
- Shopping in Pecs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pecs
- See All...
Explore the World
- Premier Inn Manchester - CIty Centre (MEN Arena)
- The Bayview
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Champaign-Urbana Hotel
- Globetrotter Inn Edinburgh
- Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre
- Hotel Sun's Gardens
- Horn of Plenty
- Bluewater Bay Resort
- The Motor Lodge Prescott
- Due Gemelli
- Westin Waltham-Boston Hotel
- Merlin Hotel
- Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg
- Waterton Springs Campground
Badges & Stats in Pecs
- 51 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Pecs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pecs
Photos in PecsSee All Photos (140)
Read real reviews about Pecs Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues