"eating 'kompot' in kampot" Khett Kampot by picek
Khett Kampot Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 321 photos
The best fruit in Cambodia is... in Kampot!!!
Kampot is laid back town, divided by the river and close both to the sea (nearest beaches are in Kep) and Bokor national park.
In the near by villages you will as well notice and see large Muslim communities, which adds another element of diversity to region. In town centre, old colonial villas remain in the place and many of them are now turned into guest houses and restaurants and bars with green shaded terraces where you could easily spend whole afternoon sipping you beer and indulge into conversations.
Well, we were kinda short of money... so no tables for us there and we went to night market in one of the streets for plate of delicious fresh fruit.... mixed and sweetened and we call it kompot, but wouldn't know how they were called in local language.
Then we bought vegetables, instant noodles and cooked by ourselves... one thing I realized here is that food in local restaurant was quite bad - greasy, not many spices and not real good rice. All that and their double price, haha...
Streets so lonely... where are more people?
Well, they are out in the fields or taking rest in hammocks.
picek's Related Pages
Khett Kampot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kampot, being still along the coast"
- "Work in progress"
- "eating 'kompot' in kampot"
- "Kampot / Kep:while the rest pile up in Snookville"
- "Tales from the riverbank"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khett Kampot
- Hotels in Khett Kampot
- Transportation in Khett Kampot
- Nightlife in Khett Kampot
- Restaurants in Khett Kampot
- Shopping in Khett Kampot
- Warnings and Dangers in Khett Kampot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khett Kampot
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Khett Kampot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khett Kampot
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues