"around Big Brijun by bike among deer and peacocks" Brijuni National Park by picek
Brijuni National Park Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 138 photos
Spacious lawns, monumental trees and alleys, ruins of antiquity, exotic animals and footprint of dinosaur, sea at the backdrop... and best of it all, you're feeling like being in a huge garden where deer, sea gulls and peacocks roam free. There's something fine and exclusive about that place!
Brijuni (or Brioni - there are different variations of its name) is archipelago of 14 islands and islets by the western shores of Istria, once connected with the continent and now spearated with Fazana strait. It's been declared as National park whom now draws numbers of visitors to its land. They may not only find many unspoiled beaches here, luxury hotels and manicured landscape park... the place reveals some trully unique historic sites dating back to Roman times, through Austro Hungarian period and imposing exhibition of Tito's footprint at Brijuni from prevous century.
While you'll meet herds of deer often, you'll need to watch carefully to spot a peacock whom often ran hiding into bushes... but definitively, you'll hear them every now and then!
You can travel to Brijuni independently (well, you'll have to go by boat) but you need to book the visit to National park first. Fazana is starting point for this trip and the main office of the NP is there - it's the best place to gather information and to buy the tickets.
- Pros:it's escape from 'reality'
- Cons:talking about prices, it's at upper end
- In a nutshell:board the boat, rent a bike and get lost - it's the best way to feel the island
Well I guess this tip may useful to some who're not loaded with cash: because Brioni tries to be 'exclusive' destination... more travel advice
As it stands by the cluster of newer buildings a step away from the port, it's hard to miss it - the church of Saint... more travel advice
picek's Related Pages
Brijuni National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "around Big Brijun by bike among deer and peacocks"
- "Brijuni, a paradise on Earth"
- "BRIJUNI !!! (Brioni)"
- "Group of fourteen small islands."
- "The magic park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brijuni National Park
- Transportation in Brijuni National Park
- Restaurants in Brijuni National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Brijuni National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brijuni National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Brijuni National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brijuni National Park
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Any recommendations as to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "permanent exhibition 'Tito on Brijuni'"
- updated a Brijuni National Park Travel Page "around Big Brijun by bike among deer and peacocks"
- Wrote a Review better don't become too hungry here in Brijuni National Park Tourist Traps
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues