"remembered by wind" Cres by picek

Cres Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 46 photos

We slept a night under full moon on a rock from which photo of Lubenice was taken. Next to our heads were herbs, below in a distance vast sea.
Nevertheless, this is the most scenic village on the island though there are only few people living, but it has become like open space gallery, with occasional events.

We visited Cres in combination with Lošinj and had a trip to Susak and I guess I'll do my page Cres and Lošinj together here plus Susak separately, because it's something different that small island. While on my earlier visit we had spent here longer and visited more places, on our return had some revisit and other were new to us.

There's lots of fine places for swimming here and some stunning landscapes. If you're looking for something different, you shall visit the birds area in North and try to captivate those magnificent protected vultures with your eyes. Glance through the sage covered slopes, embrace the scent of the pine trees, afford yourself fresh sea food, explore stone streets and villages, take paths often left alone from other visitors, eavesdrop the music and melodic of local dialect, hear the wild deer, maybe by luck you will see dolphins.
You can never get bored here.

To better plan your visit, it will be very helpful if you also have a look of tourist union of Cres as they will provide you with whole set of information (and up to date), lot more than I can ever offer you here.

Here is to go: http://www.tzg-cres.hr/

Under construction.

• Last visit to Cres: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2011

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I onced sailed from Mali Losinj on my very small sailing boat that I brought on a trailer (through Brestova) but unfortunately there was no time to really visit the island. Another time, may be ! I enjoyed all the small islands of the outer row, Premuda, etc

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Hello, Vesna! You have described great places indeed! ~ Thanks for sharing here!~

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Brilliant intro photo here. So I am looking forward to seeing more ...

Badges & Stats in Cres