"moments in Pazin" Top 5 Page for this destination Pazin by picek
Pazin Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 65 photos
We had a stopover in Pazin when we travelled by our car on the way to Motovun Film Festival. It is good here: it's small, has some decent old buidlings and the Mediteranean feel while using the old side streets paved with stone. It didn't look like very crowded place - nor there were many tourists at the time of our visit.
Few restaurants and bars were open - and we sat down for our dinner; evenings felt busiest at those central locations with bars but we prefered one of those quieter street. It sometimes feels better that way when you spend most of your time driving and listening the engine.
Here on the picture above: Kaštel or Pazin's castle belongs to the core of the old town. It overlooks the rockfall with caves and forests on the slopes which makes it one of the most dramatic places in Istria.
View from the terrace in front of Kaštel towards cave land. Deep fall, graceful green. Place for birds and bats to hide.
Looks really really deep when you're there watching. Mysterious place.
Revealing histories... it's typical church from the Coastal areas, built of stone. Before church there's terraced cemetery. Inisde old frescoes eaten by time.
Shade is promising and I loved it. There's plenty of it.
- Pros:history and architecture, caves and slopes
- Cons:newer buildings are terribly bad architecture
- In a nutshell:quiet place in wonderful landscape, many things to do
picek's Related Pages
Pazin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pazin - Now I finally feel I'm in Croatia"
- "moments in Pazin"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Colonial National Historical Parkway Hotels
- Isle of Palms
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Hotels
- Ciudad del Carmen
- Bandar Jissah
- Red Lodge
- Chon Buri Hotels
- Pellestrina Hotels
- Saint Anthony
- Trujillo Alto Hotels
- Aculco de Espinoza Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pazin
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Pazin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pazin
Photos in PazinSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues