Zadar Restaurant Tips by picek Top 5 Page for this destination

Zadar Restaurants: 27 reviews and 51 photos

Njok! - Zadar

Njok!

Trattoria Canzona: great gnocchi here!

When it was hard to find something opened on Easter Sunday for a lunch, and market was closed too, we had walked some good deal of Zadar and found Calzona, the restaurant in shades of trees and ancient homes! It rained lots, it was quite cold so we were quite lucky to find free table inside - the place was almost full!
I later read it gets good reviews in one particular guide I found on-line, maybe that's the reason that it gets quite crowded. Nevertheless, you can get a decent meal here at decent price, and okay service.

Favorite Dish: I have chosen their gnocchi with shreded cheese and ruccola which were good but to my dislike, they had a stripe of chocolate sauce over the dish (see photo) which in my opinion spoiled the overall taste little.
I guess I should next time ask them not to decorate it with sweet stuff, but did I know it before?

Among other dishes they have also pizza's, lasagna, fishes.... good choice of food for both vegetarian or meat eater... and place has a lot of decoration, so when you're hungry you have something to observe while you're waiting! Ha!

Address: Stomorica 8

Comparison: about average

Directions: Not far to University and Stomorica ruin.

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 3

Theme: Local

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated May 22, 2012
keep yourself warm - Zadar

keep yourself warm

street vendors: chestnuts delight

Fried maroni (large chestnuts) come as excellent warm snack on a coldish pre-winter time. Take a walk in town, you'll find them at some corners during the day and not too late in night.
Several of them by the New bridge (the illuminated construction by the secluded boat yard) where I took this photo.

Favorite Dish: Maroni - such a nice and simple, warm and tasty snack comes great at night. You'll get them wrapped in paper so you can warm up your hands and take them with you.

The only question is - were these local or Italian?

Address: different locations

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: in the old town, few locations, to be sure go to the New illuminated pedestrian bridge (where the boats are, and where you can go for a boat tours).

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 4

Theme: Street Vendor

• Written Jan 28, 2011
designed well - Zadar

designed well

Bruschetta: nicely decorated for the price

In one of the ground floors, few steps from Forum, there we sat down after easy going explore of old city and its organic fair - at the Bruschetta, foreign named restaurant with renewed modern design of the place. Well, we didn't look hard to find 'nice' restaurants, we didn't follow recommendations, we sat where we saw people eating out on an average, rainy weekend, not far from the coast. We decided to try for its convenience and walking that direction anyways - towards the liceum, by the quay. Menu and prices were at first glance promising, so was the service, but then we were waiting long for lasagnas and pizzas (never come too hungry to eat, haha).

Favorite Dish: Their lasagna is good choice to eat, they have excellent vegetarian variety which feeds good one person (or two if both are not very hungry). Served in the clay pot, with seasonal vegetables. Roughly 6,25 Euro or 45 Kuna for that.

I was hoping their bruschetta and salad will be enough so I ordered; when it got served... the decoration was lovely, colorful, but there were only 2 tiny pieces of bread with chopped tomato over top, well... that's really just to make you more hungry. Bruschetta was 18 KN (2,5 Euro), 'salad with mozzarela' was 45 KN (almost 5 euro, khm...). The problem with this 'salad' is also its small size, come on! Look at the pic - four slices of tomato, cheese and ruccolla.

If you stick to pizzas, you'll do fine - just nothing special. Frutti di mare was 50 KN.

Address: Mihovila Pavlinovica 12

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: centre, couple of steps from Forum

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 3

Theme: Italian

• Written Nov 22, 2010

picek Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Zadar