"two cemeteries in Sezana" Obcina Sezana by picek
Obcina Sezana Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
I had been to Sezana for short visit to two cemetaries only, other than that they have also Botanical garden near, behind the wall near cemetery ... and then, you pretty much see all Sezana, I guess.
One cemetery is civil, the other is military from WWI. Later is more modest than first, like most of that kind. It's more like small park in hidden place, graves are few - of soliders mostly. No grand scale, just simple cross or small tomb of fighter and a memorial staue centrally on the cemetary. Pretty shaded and enclosed, harbored by forest and bushes. My impression was that they trully rest in peace here, those who left lives in the utter madness called war.
The civil cemetery had some ancient tombs and statues with depicted stone carved faces of the dead by their grave - ah, and no guess here: it is the men that ranked high in the town, those graves of ordinary people are long gone and forgotten, their bones resting deep, no names are traced... a fate that will follow us all in decades after we die, unless we shaped the world in a way unforgettable and (or) irreplacable. Or in way that is reffered as... irrationaly insane.
Notably, Srecko Kosovel whom poetry works are astonishing in Slovene literature was a son of the Karstic soil and wind, born in Sezana. He died young and I urge you look for his works, whose I believe were translated into a few languages.
picek's Related Pages
Obcina Sezana Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Obcina Sezana
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Obcina Sezana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obcina Sezana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 59 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues