Obcina Bohinj Hotel Tips by picek
Obcina Bohinj Hotels: 13 reviews and 14 photos
greetings from woods!
If you are looking for real and safe stay in nature, then camping must be your first choice - and you've got that option (and the only camping option right by the lake) at Bohinj. First you'll need to get to village Ukanc, a few kilometers from Ribicev laz (where the iconic image of Bohinj is - the church and bridge) towards Savica waterfall direction. Don't worry if you haven't got a car, we saw public bus plying the road several times daily.
A great location, wonderful setting and easily accessible - and most important - next to transparent waters of the lake! Fully shaded and on dynamic terrain, that's another big plus for the camp.
Choose a fine spot and pitch the tent, then off you go to explore the area.
I (will) mention both positive and negative aspects of the camp, as that's the only fair I guess.
The location, the lake, the forest and breat taking views are the main plus for the camp, but hey, that's given!
What should make the accomodation different from usual free stay under the sky, that's another story and the camp is far overpriced for facilites and quality of the service it offers. My main complaint is the sanitary building, that had been more often dirty than cleaned, a bit undersized for that many people in camp. There's only one sanitary building - and it serves sometimes 400 people during peak season! More or less.
It's tough to navigate car in the camp, and there are dead ends which makes turning it very hard if there are other cars. It's better alternative to leave the car outside at parking place, which also saves 5 Euro per day for car (if you bring with you to the camping area).
The night silence is between 11 (or 10?) pm till morning, but you've got some noisy persons too and they won't do the rules and it seems also staff need long time to calm down rowdy people. Eh? Pristine peace? While most people do follow rules only a couple of them can spoil entire atmosphere and you can immagine how loud it is when it echoes from mountain slopes. Well, maybe we had bad timing and it's otherwise different.
Unique Qualities: They have bakery in the camp and a bar with restaurant with few basic dishes - soups, pizzas on menu, not too inviting collection if you aksed my and our friends also didn't recommend it.
The camp area is divided into three zones, the most expensive locations are by the lake and these are also the crowdiest. We had a perfect place in the woods, the cheapest zone - and only 2 minute from the lake anyways. The terrain there is bit more rough than one by the shore, but you can find nice spots to pitch tent somewhere. All covered with thick layer of dead leaves - so wonderful. The beach is okay at nice spot, many people come to hang out there in evenings with guitars, food and so. For more privacy you can easily walk a hundred meters away from camp and you'll find some excellent non crowded places.
I guess the price is bit too high if you put all those things together, but they know they'll get people here because that's still the cheapest option to spend a night in the area.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Ukanc village near cable car, by the main road towards Savica waterfall
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (11)
picek's Related Pages
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia"
- "A heavently place in Slovenia ...."
- "Bohinjsko jezero - Ribicev laz"
- "Lakeside Holiday..."
- "Bohinjsko jezero; the ideal alpine lake & villages"
- "Stunning scenery and blissful peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obcina Bohinj
- Hotels in Obcina Bohinj
- Transportation in Obcina Bohinj
- Nightlife in Obcina Bohinj
- Restaurants in Obcina Bohinj
- Warnings and Dangers in Obcina Bohinj
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sheraton Voyager Antalya Hotel Resort And Spa
- Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa
- Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Eurotel Pedro Gil
- Manila Airport Hotel
- Grand Continental
- Holiday Inn Caen City Centre
- Comfort Suites Downtown Minneapolis
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Gold Coast
- Renaissance Dubai
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Resort
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (68 Harbour Street Sydney Nsw 2000)
- Motel 6 Sandpoint
Badges & Stats in Obcina Bohinj
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Obcina Bohinj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obcina Bohinj
Read real reviews about Obcina Bohinj Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues