"september rain" Top 5 Page for this destination Agrigento by picek
Agrigento Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 309 photos
Temple of Castor and Pollux, the mythological twins born from the union of Leda and Zeus. This is the symbol of Agrigento, the place of great historical and architectural importance. That temple is on the edge of Valley of Temples right upon ancient stream.
We had spend a few last september days in its vicinity - but we came for too short. Only a few days here... not enough to spend some time exploring the city. Here we focused on HISTORY. And did some driving in the countryside on our seach for something extraordinary... very interesting it's that place of Agrigento province... full of contrasts.
Vulcanelli for example - site of Life - Natura protected area. Very interesting and distinctive place.
Nights do feel inviting. Here's the view from the ridge of 'Valley of Temples'.
By the beach, San Leone. We had one day of heavy rain and wind and after that night there were the 'wildest' waves. So clear and even the best camera cannot take the very magic of the sea in the early daylight.
- Pros:thriving activity in ancient era and geological phenomenas aka vulcanelli
- Cons:camps could be better
- In a nutshell:lie on the sand dune, but of course, first see temples and vulcanelli
As for Temple of Heracles a colonnade of 8 columns is all what was left from the sanctuary. It is the earliest of the... more travel advice
I saw that sign on the fence behind small restaurant and it looked like a good joke. Sicilian people were mostly... more travel advice
picek's Related Pages
Agrigento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agrigento -little Marocco with lots of Italy"
- "Agrigento: The Ups and Downs"
- "My heart has been stolen"
- "september rain"
- "One of those hidden treasures of the World"
- "Agrigento my home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agrigento
- Hotels in Agrigento
- Transportation in Agrigento
- Nightlife in Agrigento
- Restaurants in Agrigento
- Shopping in Agrigento
- Warnings and Dangers in Agrigento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agrigento
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Agrigento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agrigento
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues