"forget about Juliet, there's lot more to Verona" Verona by picek

Verona Travel Guide: 1,718 reviews and 4,381 photos

I haven't really thought about visiting Verona, but I had a drive to... so I went despite winter temperatures in February. Why not, after all. You cannot say no to historic towns, especially if the history left imprint in the tissue of a place and spans from Roman till recent era... which is best manifested in Verona's architecture with centrally located Arena, through garland of homes, squares and lanes in old quarter embraced by Adige river, a river that is further articulated by number of individual bridges, ancient and modern... and finally to industrial entities of city in suburbia - with degrading industrial sites there as well.

If you thought of Verona in terms of Juliet and Romeo, or Romeo and Juliet... you have hardly said enough about that little North Italian town.
I am in no position to give the best answers about Verona myself, as I haven't seen all what I planned (for what I would need another day or two or three), but for what I saw in San Zeno basilica, it's worth single trip to Verona alone if you have some interest in art history and architecture.

Therefore, dear palmer... search, search and indulge with the ancient spirits roaming town's streets, let the eye rest on the indigo backgounds behind the Lady, let the perspective be drawn from Lamberti tower!

page is under construction. thanks

• In a nutshell:walking the city among historic streets will reveal many beautiful details
  • Last visit to Verona: Feb 2012