"forget about Juliet, there's lot more to Verona" Verona by picek
Verona Travel Guide: 1,763 reviews and 4,544 photos
I haven't really thought about visiting Verona, but I had a drive to... so I went despite winter temperatures in February. Why not, after all. You cannot say no to historic towns, especially if the history left imprint in the tissue of a place and spans from Roman till recent era... which is best manifested in Verona's architecture with centrally located Arena, through garland of homes, squares and lanes in old quarter embraced by Adige river, a river that is further articulated by number of individual bridges, ancient and modern... and finally to industrial entities of city in suburbia - with degrading industrial sites there as well.
If you thought of Verona in terms of Juliet and Romeo, or Romeo and Juliet... you have hardly said enough about that little North Italian town.
I am in no position to give the best answers about Verona myself, as I haven't seen all what I planned (for what I would need another day or two or three), but for what I saw in San Zeno basilica, it's worth single trip to Verona alone if you have some interest in art history and architecture.
Therefore, dear palmer... search, search and indulge with the ancient spirits roaming town's streets, let the eye rest on the indigo backgounds behind the Lady, let the perspective be drawn from Lamberti tower!
page is under construction. thanks
- In a nutshell:walking the city among historic streets will reveal many beautiful details
picek's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues