"hot town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pakse by picek
Pakse Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 174 photos
If in Pakse, you will deal with hot hot heat. If that's not a problem for you, you'll enjoy it - it is quite pleasant city with many markets, older architecture and some very nice temples. And it seems to got more popular place to visit - especially by Thais and Chinese and Western backpackers - which means there are a lot of budget accommodation in downtown area but it also means that if you get there too early (or too late) you'll have to search quite hard for a room in high season.
Having a lot to see on Bolavens plateau you can rent a bike and escape - it's worth doing it. Beware though - you can easily get caught by heavy rains and even hails even it seems perfectly too hot in Pakse. Bolavens plateau is famous for unpredictable weather.
Pakse seems to be the best place in Laos for buying delicious fresh fruits. If you get to the market you'll be able to... more travel advice
There are 2 VIP buses leaving daily to Ubon from Pakxe VIP bus terminal. The fare at terminal is 60 000 KIP or 200 Baht... more travel advice
picek's Related Pages
Pakse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Plains along the Mighty Mekong"
- "Now this is getting more authentic"
- "hot town"
- "One Last - ahem - Adventure, Part Two"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakse
- Hotels in Pakse
- Transportation in Pakse
- Nightlife in Pakse
- Restaurants in Pakse
- Shopping in Pakse
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakse
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pakse
- 7 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Pakse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakse
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 43 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 60 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otok Mljet Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Ljutomer Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Khoueng Khammouan Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues