"... and one frog told me..." picek's Profile

Welcome to my pages!

There was beautiful sunset in Vientiane, the capital of Laos, seen through those electric wires I thought I just have to capture it.

My last pages were written and updated on Laos, but the work is still in construction ... slowly, slowly they might become done some day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Most photos on my travel pages here are done by myself - few of them from my travel comrades (mostly hotel and rooms stuff) - it's mentioned where and by whom}.

Travels

To travel slowly is ideal I try to follow whenever possible. There's no rush to see everything... I don't want to compete with time or kilometers. I don't collect visa stamps, places or number of visited states. I search for local food and side streets. I like walking a lot... it's slow enough not to miss the most interesting details and for friendly chat with people. I step wherever takes me, even if nobody else goes there. Unexpected situations are salt of my travels.

Reasons

Animals and plants inspire me great time anywhere. Also rocks, rivers, minerals to field patterns, road patterns, food textures and tastes... and of course people.

cartoons and animated films, festivals

I have passion for animated movies, books and international (well, especailly European and Asian) movies and as well good old cartoons such as Russian ones, Czech and Polish ones, also Pink Panter, Gustaf, Mys Uszatek.... haha! Latest Australian movies and some of South African had been great too and especially so was the sound behind some of them (the soundtracks, I mean).

Sometimes I travel for music festivals, and sometimes for film festivals. Atmosphere happens on streets and public squares, parks, cinemas and stages!

cemeteries and graveyards

Well, wierd or not wierd but I will visit cemeteries if I could when getting to the place. I say for myself: a trip has not been completed without profound visit to local cemetery.

World greatest landscape architectures were designed for cemeteries. Some were not 'designed' at all but they are impressive nevertheless.

waterfalls

Water always draw attention - sometimes in scenic natural forms, otherwise in great architectural, sculptural works of mankind.
It inspires in any form visible and audiable.
As well as an ice cube to which you'll have a sherry, or as a steam from hot water spring or sauna. It suggest sublime as well as fierce work of nature.

Therefore... no wonder the question of water and its state is the one adressed when visiting foreign places and in appropriate form therefore explained is some tips on my pages.

what else?

if i had some useful or non useful information for you, i appreciate your comment. It's good to know where you are doing something well, or something wrong. Thank you.

• Intro Updated Jul 17, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!