"Remembering Tragedy and Triumph" Nanjing by Rabbityama
Nanjing Travel Guide: 496 reviews and 1,312 photos
Nanjing has some great memorials for very different pieces of Chinese history. It was important for me to visit the Nanjing Massacre Memorial Museum, which was built to pay homage to all of those who died in Nanjing during WWII in the Nanjing Massacre, as well as to educate people today about what occurred here.
In the same city, stands the mausoleum of Sun Yat-Sen, a highly revered figure in modern China and Taiwan. Traveling from one to the other really creates a quick change in mood and atmosphere. One horrific, one heroic; both fascinating.
The Presidential Palace was formerly home to Sun Yat-sen's provisional Chinese government and later Chiang Kai-shek used... more travel advice
The original Confucian Temple was built in 1034 but was continuously detroyed and rebuilt over the years. The temple you... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Nanjing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046"
- "Nanjing - the ancient capital"
- "My unexpected trip to Nanjing"
- "Paul2001 to Lovely Nanjing"
- "The Southern Capital"
- "Nanjing - Surprising capital of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nanjing
- Hotels in Nanjing
- Transportation in Nanjing
- Nightlife in Nanjing
- Restaurants in Nanjing
- Shopping in Nanjing
- Warnings and Dangers in Nanjing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nanjing
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Nanjing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanjing
- Posted in Travel Kyoto Forum "Re: First place to visit when you..."
- Commented on one of piglet44's Nanjing travel pages
- Wrote a Review Nanjing Presidential Palace about Presidential Palace in Nanjing Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Qinhuai Area"
- created a Nanjing Travel Page "Remembering Tragedy and Triumph"
Photos in NanjingSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos