"A Revolutionary City" Top 5 Page for this destination Wuhan by Rabbityama
Wuhan Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 520 photos
Wuhan is one of China's largest, most populated cities, although most outsiders have never heard of it. Most people who visit Wuhan stop here as a part of Yangtze River cruises, but they seem to visit only one or two sites before moving on.
Wuhan offers much more to visitors, and although it is a large city, it is not at all touristy. If you take the time to explore and see what Wuhan really has to offer, it is quite easy to discover its charm!
While I was in Wuhan, I was lucky enough to be able to go and see the Olympics Torch Relay. As it was the first time China has ever hosted the Olympics, there were so many excited people gathered to watch the torch pass through the city, and I went with a friend to see it.
It was so exciting, and everyone was so happy and proud that their nation would finally get to host the Olympics. After the torch passed, everyone marched down the streets chanting "Zhongguo jia you" (roughly "Let's go China!") and "Sichuan jia you" in honor of the Sichuan Earthquake that hit not long before. I don't think any nation has been prouder to host the Olympics events than China, and I am not sure any nation in the future can match the pride and excitement that the Chinese had. This is a memory that will stay with me forever!
Wuhan University is considered to have one of the most beautiful campuses in the entire nation. If you ask students,... more travel advice
Once the Hubei Military Government Building, the central building is now known as the Red Chamber. This is where Sun... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Wuhan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Wuhan bist ni allan...."
- "A Revolutionary City"
- "urban4est's Wuhan Page"
- "Another huge city in China"
- "Wuhan 2012"
- "My four day stay in Wuhan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuhan
- Hotels in Wuhan
- Transportation in Wuhan
- Nightlife in Wuhan
- Restaurants in Wuhan
- Shopping in Wuhan
- Warnings and Dangers in Wuhan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuhan
- 10 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Wuhan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuhan
Photos in WuhanSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos