"Wakayama" Top 5 Page for this destination Wakayama by Rabbityama
Wakayama Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 53 photos
Even though I have gone to Wakayama on two different occasions, I've only seen a few things here. The first time I saw Kimii-dera along with some places in Kainan. The second time I came and saw Wakayama Castle. At the rate of 1 site per visit, it'll take a long time for me to really get to know the city!
At any rate, although it's off the radar for most people who only seem to visit the prefecture to see Mount Koya, the capital is actually a nice place and the castle has a lot of interesting artifacts inside. It's one of the best castle museums I've seen so far.
Wakayama Castle was originally constructed in in the 16th century, but it was destroyed in WWII, so the current castle... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Wakayama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "miwahome314's new Wakayama Page"
- "jorgeparada's new Wakayama Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakayama
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Wakayama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakayama
Photos in WakayamaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos