"Kumano Nachi Shrine" Katsuura by Rabbityama
Katsuura Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 48 photos
Kumano Nachi Shrine is the most famous of the Kumano Sanzan. Less than a year ago (in 2011) the area was inaccessible due to horrible floods that caused landslides on the roads and moved debris onto the railways. Since then the town has been making major efforts to rebuild affected areas and build more structures that they hope will prevent future disasters.
Luckily the shrine was not greatly affected nor were the other sites on Mount Nachi. Although it's out of the way, the trip is well worth it. The shrine and temple are historic and combining these with Nachi Falls, the highest waterfall in Japan, it creates the perfect combination of natural and man-made sites.
I would have liked to spend more time in the area but for this visit I was unable. I would like to return though.
Nachi Shrine is one of the three shrines that make up the Kumano Sanzan and the reason that this mountain is part of the... more travel advice
Seigantoji is a historic temple built next to Nachi Shrine. The temple building is the oldest structure on Nachi... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Katsuura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Katsuura --- Great beach and cave hot spring!"
- "Kumano Nachi Shrine"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katsuura
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Katsuura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katsuura
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos