"Scenic Hiking" Kurama by Rabbityama
Kurama Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
Kurama is just north of Kyoto, and a great place to go to get out of the city and experience nature without having to go to far. You can get here quickly by train and the train itself is designed to be scenic as it has large windows for passengers to view the autumn foliage, which is the most popular time to visit!
It only takes a half-day to hike and see the sites, traveling from Kurama to Kibune (or from Kibune to Kurama, if you prefer).
The mountain is of course famous for Kurama-dera Temple, but it is also believed to one place where tengu live (the... more travel advice
Yuki Shrine is the first shrine you will come across if you enter from Kurama Station. It is famous as the site of the... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Kurama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Calm in Kurama"
- "Scenic Hiking"
- "KURAMA - short trip to escape the city"
- "Hike with Tengu."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kurama
- Transportation in Kurama
- Restaurants in Kurama
- Warnings and Dangers in Kurama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kurama
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Kurama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kurama
Photos in KuramaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 169 reviews, 598 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue