Miyajima Transportation Tips by Rabbityama Top 5 Page for this destination
Miyajima Transportation: 14 reviews and 22 photos
The Ferry to Miyajima
From Peace Park, go to Hiroshima Station. Once there, get on the JR Sanyo Line to Miyajimaguchi station (about 400 yen, takes about 30 minutes)
You can also take the tram for slightly less money (about 270 yen). This is what I chose to do. The tram takes a bit more time, but it is still very efficient.
Both will take you to to Miyajimaguchi Station. From here, go to the ferry pier and purchase ferry tickets (170 yen) to take the ferry to Miyajima. The ferries are constantly taking people to and from the island, so you should never have to wait more than 10-15 minutes for a ferry. There are two different ferries. If you have a JR Railway pass, then you should take the JR ferry, because they will accept it. If you do not have the JR Railway pass, then don't worry about choosing a ferry. They both take you to the same place!
Most people who tour Miyajima just go to the shrine and then go back to the mainland. If this is what you plan on doing, then do not worry about transportation while you are on the island. You can easily walk around and see all of the sites.
More Reviews (9)
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Miyajima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the most famous red gate in japan"
- "Miyajima - Itsukushima"
- "Aki no Miyajima"
- "Miyajima: Island Shrine"
- "Miyajima Island"
- "Miyajimma - island of romance and history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miyajima
- Hotels in Miyajima
- Transportation in Miyajima
- Nightlife in Miyajima
- Restaurants in Miyajima
- Shopping in Miyajima
- Warnings and Dangers in Miyajima
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dunshaughlin Hotels
- Kampong Tanjong Demong Hotels
- Qingdao Hotels
- Tuzla Hotels
- Da Nang
Badges & Stats in Miyajima
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Miyajima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miyajima
Photos in MiyajimaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 173 reviews, 613 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue