"Miyajima: Island Shrine" Top 5 Page for this destination Miyajima by Rabbityama

Miyajima Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 389 photos

A short distance from Hiroshima, lies Miyajima. Miyajima is such a beautiful shrine. Depending on the water level, the entrance may be found out in the water. When I visited Miyajima, the water level was low, so I was able to walk around and touch the shrine entrance. I also enjoyed picking up the numerous amount of seashells along the shore.

Friendly Deer

The deer in Miyajima were fairly tame and used to people. We were able to pet this one and take pictures. The deer can be a bit too friendly sometimes, so make sure they're not trying to eat any of your belongings!

Typhoon

While I was in Miyajima, I had to evacuate because a typhoon was coming. The picture shows the shops closing up to prepare for it. I was lucky that I was able to catch the last ferry back to the mainland. The typhoon ended up flooding Miyajima above the shrine. No worries, though! It's all still there, so don't be afraid. It really is a beautiful shrine, and anyone around Hiroshima should definitely take the time to go to Miyajima!

• Intro Updated Sep 25, 2005

• Dec 10, 2005 at 9:17 PM

Hi! Some good info! I always wanted to see this part of the globe. Thank you.

Badges & Stats in Miyajima

Have you been to Miyajima?

Latest Activity in Miyajima