"Rich Culture in the Countryside" Top 5 Page for this destination Nara by Rabbityama
Nara Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 1,047 photos
Nara is known as the first official capital of Japan, established in 710 AD. After the capital was moved to Nagaoka and then to Kyoto, Nara retained its significance, but over the years, the city has quieted down.
For visitors, this is actually a great thing! The city maintains historical significance and many worthwhile sites that have not been swallowed by skyscrapers. Nara is a rather small and charming town with enough sites to keep you busy but much more manageable than Kyoto which has an overwhelming number of places to visit.
In the far northeastern area of the city near the border with Kyoto Prefecture Nara's Yagyu area is home to a large iris... more travel advice
Kasugayama Primeval Forest is located on the hill behind Kasuga Shrine. Because of its ties with the shrine, the... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 23 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Photos in NaraSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos