Okayama Nightlife Tips by Rabbityama Top 5 Page for this destination
Okayama Nightlife: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Bar Rude Boy
Bar Rude Boy is an intimate Reggae-themed bar with some Jamaican decor, reggae music, and even offers jerk chicken on the menu, which is quite tasty. Contrary to the name, the bartenders are very friendly and if will make attempts at conversation with patrons. They don't really know English, so knowing some Japanese is best if you want to chat with them but they do their best to make everyone feel welcome, so coming alone is fine. Most drinks are around 400-600 yen.
Address: 2F Family Biru 7-5 Togiya-cho
Directions: Located on the 2nd floor of the Family Building (Famirii Biru)
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Candles Along Nishikawa Canal
For those who enjoy evening strolls or just want to be out but don't want to go to a bar, the Nishikawa Canal is a nice option. The canal is actually pretty long, so you can take your time walking along it, sit on the benches, and look at the various works of art, monuments, and scenery along the canal. Each section has its own unique and different features. There are dim lights along most of the canal. Many couples like to come and walk here at night, because it does have a romantic feel.
Sometimes events are held here or musicians will come and perform which makes it even more enjoyable. The canal is also popular in the daytime though and you can enjoy the flowers much better at that time, but to me it's definitely a nice place to be at night.
Sega Joypolis is a large entertainment complex. Inside the actual Sega Joypolis building is a large two-floor arcade and entertainment center. There is a large statue of Sonic the Hedgehog, because as those familiar with the game system, Sega is the company that created the original Sonic games.
Aside from the arcade, the complex also has a bowling alley and karaoke. It's not only a night spot; you can come here in the daytime, but for those looking to have a fun night out who do not want to go to a bar, Sega Joypolis is a great option!
Directions: About a 7 minute walk south of Okayama Station.
Theme: Family Spot
More Reviews (53)
- See All Busshinji Temple
- See All A Hotel by the River
- See All Great Local Food and Drinks
- See All Local Goods and Souvenirs
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Okayama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just Peachy!"
- "Okayama - gateway to Shikoku Island"
- "MOMOTARO!! (PEACH BOY)"
- "My town"
- "Okayama Prefecture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Okayama
- Hotels in Okayama
- Transportation in Okayama
- Nightlife in Okayama
- Restaurants in Okayama
- Shopping in Okayama
- Warnings and Dangers in Okayama
- See All...
Explore the World
- Medio Island Hotels
- Slabtown Hotels
- Sampalan Hotels
- Bedford Hotels
- Pagosa Springs
Badges & Stats in Okayama
- 56 Reviews
- 187 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Okayama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okayama
Photos in OkayamaSee All Photos (187)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 169 reviews, 598 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Okayama hotel reviews