"Quick Stop in Toba" Toba by Rabbityama
Toba Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 19 photos
The Toba Aquarium is one of the best aquariums in Japan. Indeed, it is even better than Osaka's famous Kaiyukan, in my opinion, although it also costs 400 yen more. One of the main attractions here are the African Manatees. I'd never seen a manatee or dugong (also at this aquarium) before, so for me, this was a wonderful experience! The other exhibits and the seal show are also quite fun!
Mikimoto Pearls are arguably the best pearls in the world! Whether or not you agree, it is undeniable that Mikimoto Pearls are highly valued, and Toba City is home to Mikimoto's Pearl Island, where you can learn more about the history of Mikimoto and how pearls are cultured.
I did not go to the island, because I didn't want to pay the entrance fee, but for those who love jewelry and pearls or those looking to experience a unique part of Japan that is not a temple or shrine, Mikimoto Pearl Island may be well worth a visit!
- Pros:Home of Mikimoto, Great Aquarium
- Cons:Expensive Attractions
- In a nutshell:A Great Day Trip!
From Osaka, you can easily get to Toba with only one transfer. From Osaka Station, go to Tsuruhashi. From Tsuruhashi you... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Toba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Toba - Pearls, Pearls, Pearls"
- "Quick Stop in Toba"
- "The view of Toba Bay from Mikimoto Pearl Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toba
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Toba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toba
Photos in TobaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos