"Land of the Rising Sun" Tottori by Rabbityama
Tottori Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 39 photos
I'm sure there are many great places to view the rising sun in the Land of the Rising Sun, but the site is truly gorgeous from Tottori Sakyuu.
I took a Night Bus with my friends, but it was not an all-night bus, so we arrived at 1 AM. We then decided to walk all the way to the dunes to see the sunrise. We arrived around 4:30. Standing atop the highest dune of the Tottori Sand Dunes at 4:30 AM to catch the 5 AM sunrise was definitely one of my most memorable experiences in Japan. Of course, at that hour, at that height, and located right beside the coast, it was EXTREMELY cold! That was part of the experience, though, and once the sun rose, it was no longer cold.
- Pros:Nature, Coast, Culture
For a much more affordable trip to Tottori, consider taking a bus. You can reach Tottori from Osaka for only 3600 yen,... more travel advice
This is a small museum in the downtown area of Tottori. The main attraction is the pottery, but there is also a variety... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Tottori Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the Rising Sun"
- "Gain bragging rights by going to Tottori"
- "SAND DUNES & ONSEN"
- "Not Just Sand Dunes and Pears"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tottori
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Tottori?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tottori
Photos in TottoriSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 168 reviews, 596 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 38 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue