"Home of Ninjutsu" Ueno by Rabbityama
Ueno Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 33 photos
Iga Ueno is most famous for being the city where the school of ninjutsu, the ninja art of stealth, was founded. Today, although there are no more ninjas, the city has held onto its heritage by creating a museum, a ninja house, and performing ninja demonstrations for visitors to educate them about the lives of ninjas and their fighting techniques. The museum and ninja house are educational, and the demonstrations are both educational and fun. If you're travelling in Japan with children, then seriously consider adding Iga Ueno to your itinerary!
Just above the Ninja Museum stands the reconstructed Iga Ueno Castle. It's a nice place to eat and rest after visiting the museum. Of course, you can also go inside the castle, which provides a nice view of the city!
The original castle was constructed in 1585 but was destroyed in 1612 by a rainstorm, and it was never rebuilt. The... more travel advice
Iga Ueno is the founding city of Ninjutsu, the ninja art of stealth, one of the two ninja schools. To keep the spirit of... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Ueno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My city of Iga (previously city of Ueno)"
- "Home of Ninjutsu"
- "Iga, Mie...Birthplace of Basho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ueno
- Transportation in Ueno
- Restaurants in Ueno
- Shopping in Ueno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ueno
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Ueno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ueno
Photos in UenoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 172 reviews, 608 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue