"The Beginning and the End" Top 5 Page for this destination Uji by Rabbityama
Uji Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 85 photos
Uji was my first trip when I returned to Japan, and I returned just before I left.
Uji is home to two World Heritage Sites, Byodoin Temple and Ujigami Shrine. It is also famous as the site of the final ten chapters in Murasaki Shikibu's Tale of Genji, considered to be the world's first novel.
The Uji Fireworks festival is held on August 10. While Uji is usually a peaceful town with a very manageable number of... more travel advice
Built in 1060, Ujigami Shrine is considered to be the oldest Shinto Shrine in the country (although there are a few... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Uji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beginning and the End"
- "UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE"
- "Uji by Mikegr"
- "Uji - Byodoin"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Uji
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Uji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uji
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 168 reviews, 596 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 38 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue