"Historical Hermitage" Hermitage by Rabbityama
Hermitage Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 40 photos
The Hermitage is the home of America's seventh President, Andrew Jackson. Andrew Jackson built the Hermitage himself, and he and his family lived here. The interior contains the exact same wallpaper that Andrew Jackson himself chose for the walls, as well as many artifacts from he and his family.
The garden was designed by William Frost, an English gardener. The plants currently in the garden are the same types of plants that one would find in a garden during the 1800s, Andrew Jackson's time.
Not only did Andrew Jackson live here, he also died and is buried here. The picture shows his tomb. He and his wife are both buried under this monument.
- Pros:Well-preserved History
- In a nutshell:An Important Place in Early American History
The Hermitage is the home of America's seventh President, Andrew Jackson. Prior to his presidency, he purchased the... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Hermitage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical Hermitage"
- "Hermitage, Tennessee"
- "President Andrew Jackson's Place"
- "Hermitage/Nashville, TN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hermitage
- Transportation in Hermitage
- Nightlife in Hermitage
- Restaurants in Hermitage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hermitage
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Hermitage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hermitage
Photos in HermitageSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos