"Beautiful and Historical Pittsburgh" Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh by Rabbityama
Pittsburgh Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,917 photos
Pittsburgh is a small city compared to most, but it has a lot of history and interesting places to visit! It also has a beautiful skyline!
Pittsburgh was formerly the "Steel City", known for being extremely smoggy and polluted, but it is nothing like that today! Of course, it's still known as the Steel City, but when you say that today, people think of the Steelers not the steel mills! Pittsburgh has a lot to offer, and the choices are diverse!
For sports fanatics, there is obviously the Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, and the University of Pittsburgh basketball team! Animal-lovers will enjoy the Pittsburgh Zoo, which includes the PPG Aquarium, and the National Aviary.
For art, the Andy Warhol Museum, Mattress Factory, and Carnegie Museum are all great galleries. There are also other smaller galleries around various communities and the Wood Art Gallery in the downtown is free.
Many of the previously mentioned sites are historical, but for more history and historical sites, try the Heinz Museum, the Frick's Clayton House, and Fort Pitt Museum!
This is just a little bit of nostalgia; a picture is the old stadium, which no longer exists. Today you can watch the Steelers and Pirates in their own stadiums!
While the Cathedral of Learning dominates the Oakland area, just behind it sits the much smaller Heinz Chapel. Many... more travel advice
Primanti Brothers can now be enjoyed in a few areas of Pittsburgh, but for the original sandwich and the authentic... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Pittsburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PITTSBURGH--Cultural, Sports Crazy, Riverside City"
- "A Fourth Stanley Cup"
- "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"
- "Beautiful and Historical Pittsburgh"
- "My "O"riginal home town..."
- "Welcome to the 'Burgh!"
- "Pittsburgh - the largest city of the Appalachia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pittsburgh
- Hotels in Pittsburgh
- Transportation in Pittsburgh
- Nightlife in Pittsburgh
- Restaurants in Pittsburgh
- Shopping in Pittsburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Pittsburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pittsburgh
- 21 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Pittsburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pittsburgh
- Posted in Travel Osaka Forum "Re: Weather around the second..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Heinz Memorial Chapel"
- Wrote a Review Heinz Memorial Chapel about Heinz Chapel in Pittsburgh Things to Do
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Pittsburgh travel pages
- updated a Pittsburgh Travel Page "Beautiful and Historical Pittsburgh"
Photos in PittsburghSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos