"Historical Town in the Oil Region" Franklin by Rabbityama

Franklin Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 25 photos

Franklin is a small town, but sometimes that's kind of nice. At first, it may seem like a boring town, and sometimes it is, but if you take the time to look, you'll find that it has its fair share of interesting sites. Most visitors to Franklin come to tour the Oil Region, which is made up of Venango County and Titusville.

The beauty of every season can be seen in Franklin. This picture is actually a bit late in fall, so the leaves are not nearly as beautiful as they were a few weeks before this picture was taken!

The apple blossoms in the spring. Franklin's Applefest is the largest arts and crafts festival in Western Pennsylvania.

• Pros:Nature, Rural, Historical, Architecture
  • Cons:There is not always a lot happening
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2010

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 11:59 PM

I grew up near Franklin (in Lucinda, near Clarion) and have made occasional visits to places like Tri-City Speedway &Two Mile Run Park. As a kid we used to go see Wings Over Venango... is that still going on? Enjoyed the memories from your page. Joe

• eslim_81's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 2:03 AM

Nice to know your hometown, friend...:P...... It is a great relaxing small town in its own right.....:D Thanks for sharing...Regards

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Sounds like you live in a great part of the world!

• waga's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 5:33 AM

Nice to read and know about Franklin

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 1:31 AM

Hi Brandon, thanks for visiting my homepage. I see that you're from Franklin. Many years ago I lived in Clarion,Pa for a year and had friends in Franklin. I really liked it there.

• Dec 26, 2005 at 12:41 PM

A great page yet again, Brandon!. Wishing you a Happy New Year too, and thank you for sharing.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 1:47 PM

We used to camp every year near Marienville and Warren. I think they may be near your part of the world. My husband also did some work at Westminister College. Are these familiar names? Don't know Franklin, I'm near Lewisburg.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 6:13 PM

Googles earth to Franklin - interesting ;-)))

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 6:22 PM

aloha! heh heh... i guess it's precisely why we live in a place that's why we don't have much photos... like myself, no pictures of singapore, little of hawai'i... =) good week to u!

Rabbityama Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Franklin

Have you been to Franklin?

Latest Activity in Franklin