"Historical Town in the Oil Region" Franklin by Rabbityama
Franklin Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 25 photos
Franklin is a small town, but sometimes that's kind of nice. At first, it may seem like a boring town, and sometimes it is, but if you take the time to look, you'll find that it has its fair share of interesting sites. Most visitors to Franklin come to tour the Oil Region, which is made up of Venango County and Titusville.
The beauty of every season can be seen in Franklin. This picture is actually a bit late in fall, so the leaves are not nearly as beautiful as they were a few weeks before this picture was taken!
The apple blossoms in the spring. Franklin's Applefest is the largest arts and crafts festival in Western Pennsylvania.
- Pros:Nature, Rural, Historical, Architecture
- Cons:There is not always a lot happening
The Courthouse was constructed in 1868 in Italiante-style architecture, so it's an interesting historic building itself.... more travel advice
Franklin on Ice is an annual event, usually held in February. Ice sculptors gather in Fountain Park and create beautiful... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Franklin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical Town in the Oil Region"
- "Franklin, Venango County, Pennsylvania"
- "Basaic Franklin Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Franklin
- Hotels in Franklin
- Restaurants in Franklin
- Shopping in Franklin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franklin
- 18 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Franklin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franklin
Photos in FranklinSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos