"Katano Hiking" Katano by Rabbityama
Katano Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Katano is not a very historic town and although it does have some sites of interest, there are not very many however, the town is full of forest trails, making it a great place for hiking! It is especially great in the fall when the leaves are changing.
The most famous trail is through Hoshida Park. This is the trail I took. The first half of the trail follows the Amanogawa River and then the trail go up into the hills to the large bridge spanning the valley.
Although it is uphill, the walk is not too strenuous. Many people were hiking with their kids when I visited.
I actually stayed in Katano for a few months but I always did my traveling outside of the city, so the entire time I was here I never went to any worthwhile places in the city. It's funny that now that I no longer live here that I returned as a tourist!
The Hoshida Park Hiking Trail is the most popular trail in Katano. The start of the trail follows the Amanogawa River... more travel advice
Rabbityama's Related Pages
Katano Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Katano
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Katano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katano
Photos in KatanoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 175 reviews, 621 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 62 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 23 reviews, 83 photos
- Tsuyama Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 21 reviews, 65 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos
- Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos