"Emily's best of Haute Normandie" Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie by aemilys
Haute-Normandie Travel Guide: 1,053 reviews and 3,319 photos
The Haute Normandie region is a major part of my stress reduction regime. One weekend a month I take off and because the region is so close to Paris it's a perfect destination. The region is composed of two departments, the Seine Maritime (76) and the Eure (28). Most of my visits have been to the Seine Maritime but I hope to make up for that in the future.
And here I might as well explain the difference between departments and regions. France is made up of 100 departments which are divided into 26 regions (22 in metropolitan France and 4 overseas). The departments are where the zip codes come from, for example, I live in Paris and so my zip code starts with 75 because Paris is department number 75, then since I live in the 19th arrondisement my zip code ends with 19, it has a zero in the middle because all zip codes have 5 digits, therefore 75019. If I lived in Seine Maritime (I wish), my zip code would start with 76 and so on for all the other departments of France.
Regions are large and are most often composed of several departments, the divisions exist mostly on an administrative level and concern local government. Here is a link for info on all of Normandy which includes two regions Haute and Basse Normandie and 5 departments (Calvados, Eure, Manche, Orne, and Seine Maritime).
- Pros:Close to Paris, the sea air, and I am Normande in my soul
You've perhaps been to the museums or you took a course in art history...it's just not the same as seeing why they... more travel advice
aemilys' Related Pages
Haute-Normandie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A region full of surprises"
- "Luxury living!"
- "Emily's best of Haute Normandie"
- "Peace and Quiet on the outskirts of Paris"
- "Green fields and the sea"
- "Scenes to and at Le Havre"
- "We Have Passed Through"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haute-Normandie
- Hotels in Haute-Normandie
- Transportation in Haute-Normandie
- Nightlife in Haute-Normandie
- Restaurants in Haute-Normandie
- Shopping in Haute-Normandie
- Warnings and Dangers in Haute-Normandie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haute-Normandie
- 48 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Haute-Normandie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haute-Normandie
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Food photos"
- updated a Haute-Normandie Travel Page "Emily's best of Haute Normandie"
- Commented on one of Neit's Haute-Normandie travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Emily's best of Haute Normandie"
- Wrote a Review Itineraires impressionnistes in Haute-Normandie Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 34 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Havre Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Xam Nua Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Roscoff Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Collioure Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Granville Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos