"Photo Opportunity!" Dougga by aemilys
Dougga Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 209 photos
This was a great place to visit (aside from the annoying guides). Fellow VTer JLBG has a great page that explains all the historical aspects etc. Check it out.
After spending time on the crowded beaches in Sousse or Hammemet it is nice to get away into the country. This is a place to dream...from what I've read these are the best preserved ruins in North Africa and give a good image of what a small roman city on the outposts of the empire was like.
Perhaps you will see my fellow travelers down below distracting the guide so that I could get a moment's peace to meditate on the meaning of life...
Take your time and explore, the longer you stay the more detail you'll notice.
- Pros:Off season you can be alone to dream of long ago
- Cons:The annoying guides
- In a nutshell:Magical
aemilys' Related Pages
Dougga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dougga, another World Heritage location"
- "Dougga - A Roman town with a view"
- "Photo Opportunity!"
- "Dougga: a Roman city"
- "Far from big cities, but worth a stop, because..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dougga
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dougga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dougga
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 34 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Havre Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Xam Nua Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Roscoff Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Collioure Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Granville Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos