Étretat Transportation Tips by aemilys Top 5 Page for this destination
Étretat Transportation: 6 reviews and 7 photos
Bus stop in front of the town hall
It is impossible to reach Etretat directly by train but there are buses that will take you there.
From Le Havre the name of the bus company is "Les Autos Cars Gris" and you catch the buses right outside of the train station in the back. Line 24 goes from Le Havre to Etretat and takes about an hour. The schedule is straightforward with various buses running on various days but one thing to note is that you must coordinate the bus departure time with the train time (if you are continuing on to Paris or elsewhere) otherwise you will get stuck sitting around in the boring Le Havre train station. Unfortunately they do not have a website and the information that you get on the SNCF site is complicated at best.
I suggest that you write or call and ask them to send you a schedule.
Les Auto Cars Gris
8, avenue Gambetta
The price for a one way Le Havre/Etretat ticke is 3.70 euros (a very good deal when you consider that a taxi will set you back 50 euros).
Other Contact: 33 (0)2 35 22 34 00 (Le Havre)
Phone: 33 (0)2 35 27 04 25
Take the train from Gare St Lazare in Paris to either Breaute or Le Havre and then take the bus as outlined in the tips above. All the trains will have Le Havre as final destination so it's not such a big deal to fall asleep.
Once again I stress that you must coordinate train arrival with bus departure. I spent 4 hours in the Le Havre train station on the way there because I didn't coordinate properly. The station is really dreary, there is no place to store your luggage if you want to have a walk around, and there is nothing interesting to see near the station. Also the door to the toilettes wouldn't lock.
Nothing like the Gare St Lazare where you can have something to eat and people watch; it too was the subject of a painting by Monet.
108, Rue Saint-Lazare; 8th Arrondissement
Train and bus station at Le Havre
Same instructions and address as in part one except this time you take the ligne 17 from Breaute. I'm going to do it this way next time because it's quicker and cheaper.
For example: On a Friday , leave Paris St Lazare at 17:58 arrive Breaute at 19:48, then take the bus at 19:58 and arrive Etretat at 20:28.
This only takes 2:30 instead of over three hours when you change at Le Havre. I had to learn this the hard way because the information on the SNCF site was not clear.
The price for a one way ticket is 3.20 euros.
Phone: 33 (0)2 35 27 04 25
More Reviews (31)
- See All Galet hunting
- See All Goat cheese and more
- See All The Etretat Angler
- See All Casino
- See All Two hotels to consider for next time
- July and August
aemilys' Related Pages
Étretat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A perfect weekend in Etretat"
- "A Romantic Weekend at Etretat"
- "From Impressionism to reality."
- "The wonderful cliffs of Etretat"
- "Don't miss Étretat"
- "My very first painting of Etretat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Étretat
- Hotels in Étretat
- Transportation in Étretat
- Nightlife in Étretat
- Restaurants in Étretat
- Shopping in Étretat
- Warnings and Dangers in Étretat
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Étretat
- 34 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Étretat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Étretat
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 34 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Havre Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Xam Nua Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Roscoff Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Collioure Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Granville Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos