"Japan's Airport Town that serves Tokyo" Narita by suhadis
Narita Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 237 photos
Tokyo's International Airport is actually located in Narita, some 1.5 hours by train. It's quite a lot to travel to get there between the airport and city. Not too mention, the travel is expensive too! But hey! Tokyo is one of THEE most expensive cities in the world to live in.
Narita hosts a lot of hotels, mainly for flight crew. You will just see hotels here and there - and only hotels - if you start to venture out of the airport. Theres Tobu (Holiday Inn), ANA hotel, Hilton, Excel Tokyu, Marroad, etc... Hardly you will see tall buildings that are not hotels.
The only good places to venture to in Narita is the Town centre and the Aeon area.
Narita Town centre has the 2 major rail lines running through them - JR and Keisei. Around this area there are many restaurants. A favourite haunt for air crew would have to be Hero's Grill, located in a small street near the JR station. There's bound to be something that will catch your fancy here. I'd recommend the Izakaya-style japanese restaurants where you can pick up items a-la-carte. There is also a large supermarket in the vicinity.
Aeon is a large mall located 10 mins by car from Hilton Narita Hotel. Good place to just get some last minute souvenirs (remember that everything is pretty expensive). It's varied in it's selection of stores so you will spend some time browsing. One store at one end of the second floor named "Village / Vanguard" is very unique. If you step in you will feel like the whole store is in a mess in it's presentation of it's products. But as you go browse the store, you'll find they are pretty unique stuff and knick knacks that only the Japanese can pull off in it's concept. Clocks, watches, scented candles, bags, lava lamps, books and a million of things of unclassified items in between. There's also Hard Rock Cafe Narita!
- Pros:Not too bad for an airport town. Visit Aeon for some shopping.
- Cons:It's a small town but that's the way it is - it's not a city.
Narita's Circle Bus serves all the hotels in Narita and the urban areas of the town like Naritasan Temple, Aeon shopping... more travel advice
The hotel looks dated, but still ok. The rooms are rather small, but the toilet is quite a wonder for a first timer to... more travel advice
suhadis' Related Pages
Narita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What lies Beyond Narita Airport"
- "Narita more than just an airport"
- "My 1st and Last Drop in Japan"
- "NARITA - Aviation crossroads"
- "Narita - Stopover"
- "Narita, is the gateway to Japan"
- "Japan's Airport Town that serves Tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narita
- Hotels in Narita
- Transportation in Narita
- Nightlife in Narita
- Restaurants in Narita
- Shopping in Narita
- Warnings and Dangers in Narita
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Narita
- 15 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Narita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narita
Photos in NaritaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos
- Naples Intro, 20 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caserta Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Seoul Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Narita Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incheon Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Izumi-Sano Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Narita hotel reviews
- Narita Airport Washington Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel
- 490 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Hotel Nikko Narita
- 241 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Narita Airport
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Narita Excel Hotel Tokyu
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Toyoko Inn Narita Kuko
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Holiday Inn Tobu Narita
- 193 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Kirinoya Ryokan
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- International Garden Hotel Narita
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Narita
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- International Guesthouse AZURE Narita
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013