"Incheon International Airport, Yeongjong Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Incheon by suhadis
Incheon Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 178 photos
The Incheon International Airport is built in this island. It's an hour away from Seoul, South Korea's capital. It's remarkable that this island was formerly smaller islands joined together by reclaimed land. There's nothing interesting here for sightseeing, but there are 2 hotels, a Best Western and a Hyatt Regency. This is a large island, and the airport only occupies maybe a third of it. It's always windy here so winter is colder than it is!! Every day the weather seems to be different - from cool, hot and sunny, to a foggy day next.
There is a supermarket at the basement of a building in the middle of these 2 hotels called E-Mart. It's quite a large one so it worth a visit to get stuff you need then anywhere else on this island. At the very top floor of this same building there is a food court. Unfortunately over the few months stall closed down due to low customer reception.
Along the Office Buildings nearby you can find some other good restaurants: Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Thai. The Thai and Japanese resaurants are located at the last building along the road if you walk out from the hotels (the building right in the middle of the top picture). Along the way you can find around 3 small convenience stores and a sandwich shop.
This island is actually just a small part of the province. Incheon city, the main town of this province is located as far as Seoul from here. I have been there once, but I think the things you will find there, that you will find in Seoul.
- Pros:There is a free shuttle bus service for the public that goes around the island serving the area with buildings.
- Cons:There is nothing to do on the island itself.. You're better off going to the mainland and Seoul to see places..
You need not to move around much out of the airport essentially, as Incheon International Airport consists of only one... more travel advice
Hyatt Regency Incheon's stunning all-in-one dining venue features eight distinctive restaurants that include: Café,... more travel advice
suhadis' Related Pages
Incheon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Incheon International Airport & Surroundings"
- "Incheon--More Than Just an Airport!"
- "Incheon International Airport, Yeongjong Island"
- "The town of Full House"
- "Incheon - South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Incheon
- Hotels in Incheon
- Transportation in Incheon
- Nightlife in Incheon
- Restaurants in Incheon
- Warnings and Dangers in Incheon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Incheon
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Incheon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Incheon
Photos in IncheonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos
- Naples Intro, 20 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caserta Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Seoul Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Narita Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incheon Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Izumi-Sano Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos