"Mountains, Lake, and Buddhist Monasteries" Top 5 Page for this destination Dali by raraavis
Dali Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 729 photos
Dali is situated between Cang Shan and Er Hai, the mountains and fresh water lake. It's known for its Feng (wind), Hua (flower), Xue (snow), and Yue (Moon). Perhaps Feng Hua Xue Yue bring with them the relaxed, hippie atmosphere in Dali.
The local Dali beer is called Feng Hua Xue Yue, aka Rose Love Beer in English. Don't ask me why...
- Pros:Laid back, no big crowds, cheap
- In a nutshell:A world of a difference from its replacement destination, Lijiang
I must be getting old. Paying more for comfort is moving up the list with each passing birthday. Even though MCA is one... more travel advice
Yunnan is famous for its exotic vegetation, medicinal herbs, and tobacco. You'll see a lot of stands selling Yunnan... more travel advice
raraavis' Related Pages
Dali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Dali"
- "A great surprise"
- "Mountains, Lake, and Buddhist Monasteries"
- "Clean your shoes, Sir?"
- "Dali, Yunnan"
- "Dali Old Town and The Three Pagodas"
- "Live life in Dali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dali
- Hotels in Dali
- Transportation in Dali
- Nightlife in Dali
- Restaurants in Dali
- Shopping in Dali
- Warnings and Dangers in Dali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dali
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dali
Photos in DaliSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 38 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dali Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 19 reviews
- Cusco Intro, 12 reviews
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Victoria Falls 7 reviews
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park and Preserve Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.