"The area feels more like home every visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena by jol1y
Cartagena Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 453 photos
As a tourist Cartagena is a pleasure.Stay in a centrally located hotel and leave the car. All main tourist attractions are within walking distance. If just visiting for the day find a parking space near the port and walk. There are some lovely places to eat and drink. Try the local brew, the famous 43 Liquor. It's a lovely light, sweet, smooth after dinner liquor. Mmmmmmmm.
Cruise ships now call to Cartagena bringing with them the hussle and bussle for a short while. If you only have a few hours to see the city do a bit of homework to get the best out of it. Visit the Park Torres and buy a ticket that covers the Tower which has great views of the city, the lift to the top to save your legs and the War Shelter museum (1 1/2 hrs will be enough) Then depending on the time of day stroll down the Calle Mayor visiting a cafe / bar or two. There are also various museums to visit depending on your taste.
If you want to try the Octopus and other nice food then seek out a tapas bar near the port. From the port cross the road, past the town Hall on your left, museum to the right. 1st street on your right is Calle del Canon, walk to the top and you will find it on your left after 200 meters.
- Pros:Just a nice place to be. Nice people, lovely food
- Cons:Parking can be difficult.
- In a nutshell:Cartagena is a using the past to help it in the future.
Sit outside and become part of the sidewalk. People watch, enjoy a drink and very nice reasonably priced local food. You... more travel advice
Bit of a transport cheat but it is a something you need to go to when in Cartagena. At the moment it is on the 'Port'... more travel advice
- See All Easter Week - Semana Santa
- See All El Batel - Audotourium
- See All http://www.circuitocartagena.com
- See All Nice relaxing bar close to the port
- See All Visit a Market
jol1y's Related Pages
Cartagena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Why Cartagena ?"
- "From Qart Hadast to Cartagena"
- "The area feels more like home every visit"
- "Cartagena, Spain"
- "El Portus"
- "Carthage /Cartagena)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cartagena
- Hotels in Cartagena
- Transportation in Cartagena
- Nightlife in Cartagena
- Restaurants in Cartagena
- Shopping in Cartagena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cartagena
- 40 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cartagena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cartagena
Photos in CartagenaSee All Photos (131)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 40 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Majorca Island Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Manchester Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- France Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Monaco Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Thasos Island Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo de Palos Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mazarrón Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos