"May I introduce myself?" tmsznowak's Profile

Red Londn Bus Driver

I eventualy started creating my homepage. Although I am a Virtual Tourist member for few years now I have never had enough time (or rather determination) to do it. Now, looking for information about Israel I found some very interesting vt pages and decided to become biy more active.
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Tom, I live in Feltham, West London just on the doorstep to Heathrow Airport. Feltham is not a tourist place at all, just an ordinary place to live. However some of the most important British tourist attractions are quite close from my home. It takes about an hour to get to central London, half an hour to Windsor, minutes to Thames River or Royal Hampton Court Palace. This particular place I can see every day driving my route 216 bus from Kingston to Stains and back.
Yes - I am a London Bus driver. Lucky enough as big part of my route is quite picturesque and tourists from all over the world are often my passengers.
Traveling and interest of the world was always my dream and this was one of the most important reasons bringing me to the UK from my homeland in Poland. I hope to write more about that in next chapters.
I'll be more than happy to share all my knowledge about the places I know - Poland and London in particular.

Poland

I left Poland in 2002. Time is flying, it's over 7 years now. Almost half of my live i was living behind "the iron curtain". Travelling was very difficult. However in 1984 my parents took me to France and Italy. That 1 month lasting trip changed my life in some way. I saw different world, I saw how interesting it was and since that time I've been always thinking about travelling.
Poland has changed a lot now and I am always happy to ho there. My favourite places are often "off the beaten path". I think it's nothing extraordinary. Coming from Czestochowa I will always be more interested in local places rather than most interesting tourist places being the same for ages. I love Beskidy mountines in the South, on the Czech and Slovak border, where I used to climb when I was a teenager. I love Kraków-Czestochowa uppland with it's middle ages castles called "Eagles Nests". I love small towns and villages living their own provincial life. They are so quiet campare to always busy London...

• Intro Updated Nov 10, 2009

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Happy Birthday! Hope that it is the best one ever.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Czesc!! Hope to see your travel pages on VT, especially about Polish cities:) Pozdr.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!