"Timgad - Follow in the wake of the romans" Timgad by eternel2002
Timgad Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 27 photos
What an impressive roman city! Timgad is small town located in north east of Algeria, just 35 km from the city of Batna, called 'Thamugas' by the Romans, it was a roman colony founded by the Emperor Trajan in A.D. 100, it's visible and impressibe to see the original plan of the roman city is still present (streets, houses, theater)..
- Pros:impressive ruins
The theater is well preserved, during the summer a big festival is held on this theater with the participation of many... more travel advice
eternel2002's Related Pages
Timgad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Timgad and Lambèse, two ancient Roman's cities"
- "Timgad - Follow in the wake of the romans"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Timgad
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Timgad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timgad
Photos in TimgadSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 37 reviews, 94 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos