"Visit Montenegro!!!" Republic of Montenegro by xdescendx
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide: 2,456 reviews and 5,857 photos
Montenegro is a small country in south-eastern Europe. It has population of about 620,000. Its territory of 13,812 square kilometers is approximately the size of the U.S. state of Connecticut. The population consists of a majority of Montenegrins (62%) along with Serbs (9%), Albanians (7%), Muslims (15%), Croats (1%) and others (based on the 1991 census). The majority of the population belongs to the Orthodox Christian tradition (Montenegrins and Serbs); there is also a large Muslim population and smaller numbers of Roman Catholics.
This country is a must see!! It's very underrated and I would recommend to anyone looking for something different.
Sveti Stefan was inhabited in 15th century as a fisherman's village. In 1950s last residents of the village were evicted, and Sveti Stefan was transformed into a luxury town-hotel. It is the most exclusive resort on Montenegro's coast.
The beaches in Montenegro are absolutely stunning. The ones I enjoyed all had steep rocky trails leading to beautiful coves of rocks filled with the clearest water.
- Pros:Beautiful beaches and awesome fresh fish!!
- Cons:None I could find....
Sea urchins are small, globular, spiny sea creatures that cover much of the sea floor off the coast of Montenegro. This... more travel advice
If you're going to stay in Montenegro, please be sure to go rafting on the Tara river. I'd recommend the Grab... more travel advice
xdescendx's Related Pages
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crna Gora"
- "Montenegro - A Visit to the Old Country"
- "WILD BEAUTY"
- "Od sveg srca cestitamo nezavisnost!"
- "Magic of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Montenegro
- Hotels in Republic of Montenegro
- Transportation in Republic of Montenegro
- Nightlife in Republic of Montenegro
- Restaurants in Republic of Montenegro
- Shopping in Republic of Montenegro
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Montenegro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Montenegro
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Republic of Montenegro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Montenegro
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Budget Trip / Driving from..."
- Commented on one of vesna04's Republic of Montenegro travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sea Urchin in Republic of Montenegro Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Republic of Montenegro Travel Page "Visit Montenegro!!!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit Montenegro!!!"
Photos in Republic of MontenegroSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Poznan Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Krakow Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- New Jersey Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chlopy Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Stowe Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
Top Republic of Montenegro hotels
- Budva Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 752 Photos
- Herceg-Novi Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 406 Photos
- Kotor Hotels
- 552 Reviews - 1288 Photos
- Ulcinj Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 295 Photos
- Podgorica Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 130 Photos
- Sveti Stefan Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 171 Photos
- Kolasin Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Bar Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Perazica Do Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Petrovac Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Zabljak Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Donji Stoj Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Veliki Ostros Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 36 Photos
- Tivat Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 95 Photos
- Ostrvo Cvijeca Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos