"Welcome to my travels :)" xdescendx's Profile
I currently work and reside in New Jersey and have a passion for travelling which began when I served time in the Navy. I'm always interested in experiencing culture and the simple things in life that bond us. I hope you will enjoy my pictures as well as some tips that may interest you.
I'm a big fan of beer and love to try whatever is local. Here are some of my favorites:
Black Boss Porter (PL)
Rochefort Trappistes 10 (BE)
Dogfish Head 90/120 IPA (US)
Duck-Rabbit Baltic Porter (US)
Little Creatures Pale Ale (AU)
Hitachino Nest (JP)
Pilsner Urquell (CZ)
Jelen Pivo (SP)
My favorite season. Nothing beats the fresh mountain air and I would love to do this all year round If I could. My dream is to ski/snowboard in Argentina, Utah, Austria, Alaska (heli tour) and Japan. Is it winter yet??
....was an aircraft carrier. I was stationed on the USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72. We spent 60+ days out to sea and had the opportunity to visit many places. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of the sites I wanted to because most time was spent inside the pubs/bars. I'll just have to make up for that :)
In the U.S. Navy, when a ship crosses the equator a time-honored ceremony takes place. This is a Navy tradition and an event no sailor ever forgets. With few exceptions, those who have been inducted into the "mysteries of the deep" by Neptunus Rex and his Royal court, count the experience as a highlight of their naval career. Members of Neptunus Rex's party usually include Davy Jones, Neptune's first assistant, Her Highness Amphitrite, the Royal Scribe, the Royal Doctor, the Royal Dentist, the Royal Baby, the Royal Navigator, the Royal Chaplain, the Royal Judge, Attorneys, Barbers and other names that suit the party.
Officially recognized by service record entries indicating date, time, latitude and longitude, the crossing of the equator involves elaborate preparation by the "shellbacks" (those who have crossed the equator before) to ensure the "pollywogs" (those who are about to cross the equator for the first time) are properly indoctrinated. All pollywogs, even the Commanding Officer if he has not crossed before, must participate. Unfortunately mine was lost in a fire but I'll definitely never forget that day.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 65 Reviews
- 264 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- xdescendx and sniezynka are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Great Belgian beer right in Poznan! in Poznan Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Belgian beer right in Poznan!"
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Budget Trip / Driving from..."
- updated a Ocean Beach Travel Page "Fun in the sun :)"
- Commented on egonwegh's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my travels :)"
Top 10 Pages
- Poznan Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Krakow Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- New Jersey Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chlopy Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Stowe Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos