"Welcome to my travels :)" xdescendx's Profile

I want to see what the world is made of :)

I currently work and reside in New Jersey and have a passion for travelling which began when I served time in the Navy. I'm always interested in experiencing culture and the simple things in life that bond us. I hope you will enjoy my pictures as well as some tips that may interest you.

Great beer!

I'm a big fan of beer and love to try whatever is local. Here are some of my favorites:

Zywiec (PL)
Bosman (PL)
Black Boss Porter (PL)
Guinness (IE)
Rochefort Trappistes 10 (BE)
Dogfish Head 90/120 IPA (US)
Duck-Rabbit Baltic Porter (US)
Little Creatures Pale Ale (AU)
Hitachino Nest (JP)
Pilsner Urquell (CZ)
Jelen Pivo (SP)

OBX Sunrise

Winter

My favorite season. Nothing beats the fresh mountain air and I would love to do this all year round If I could. My dream is to ski/snowboard in Argentina, Utah, Austria, Alaska (heli tour) and Japan. Is it winter yet??

My other car....

....was an aircraft carrier. I was stationed on the USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72. We spent 60+ days out to sea and had the opportunity to visit many places. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of the sites I wanted to because most time was spent inside the pubs/bars. I'll just have to make up for that :)

Yes...I'm a shellback :)

In the U.S. Navy, when a ship crosses the equator a time-honored ceremony takes place. This is a Navy tradition and an event no sailor ever forgets. With few exceptions, those who have been inducted into the "mysteries of the deep" by Neptunus Rex and his Royal court, count the experience as a highlight of their naval career. Members of Neptunus Rex's party usually include Davy Jones, Neptune's first assistant, Her Highness Amphitrite, the Royal Scribe, the Royal Doctor, the Royal Dentist, the Royal Baby, the Royal Navigator, the Royal Chaplain, the Royal Judge, Attorneys, Barbers and other names that suit the party.

Officially recognized by service record entries indicating date, time, latitude and longitude, the crossing of the equator involves elaborate preparation by the "shellbacks" (those who have crossed the equator before) to ensure the "pollywogs" (those who are about to cross the equator for the first time) are properly indoctrinated. All pollywogs, even the Commanding Officer if he has not crossed before, must participate. Unfortunately mine was lost in a fire but I'll definitely never forget that day.

One night in poznan.....

...with Ania on a cold rainy night.

• Intro Updated Jul 31, 2009

• TXgal's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Birthday greetings from Texas!

• samanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Hi!! Thanks:-) greetings from Warsaw!! I will built my Warsaw page soon I promise!!! :-))

• 100Misia's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM

dziekuje za piekne zyczenia urodzinowe. Pozdrowienia z Polski - Monika

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 6:59 PM

You are right, without skiing my Utah page is not truly complete. I will rectify that, Thanks.

• solcitom87's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM

thanks for posting! i have only sky once in bariloche and i love it! see ya!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM

And I don't take many photos in my own country, and what I have, are mostly not digital. Did you visit Aus. on the Warship?

• leics's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Thank you! You could always come to the UK and take part in a dig: it is indeed excellent fun (and hard work). With lots of beer, usually (in the evenings!). :-) J

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Brian, Thanks for exploring my Amsterdam page. PJ

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Thanks for stopping by Brian. So you're in NJ? We enjoyed our visit there last year a lot :-)

• loonytoon01's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Tnx 4 ur comment. When people want to return to a country they visited it means the country has something more to offer. Glad u feel that way about Croatia. Many happy travels!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
xdescendx's Profile Photo

xdescendx

“Travel teaches how to see”

Real Name