"My Experience in Jacksonville, Florida" Jacksonville by msnguy81
Jacksonville Travel Guide: 394 reviews and 755 photos
I visited Jacksonville on a getaway with a female friend of mine back in February 2005. We drove 6 hours from our Atlanta area homes to spend a weekend there in Jacksonville to celebrate our new jobs that we got. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the airport. We visited the beaches of Jacksonville Beach, ate dinner at the American Grill at the Jacksonville Landing, got tipsy off the liquor we bought at an ABC Liquor location, and enjoyed the hot tub and pool at the hotel. Overall it was an awesome trip.
The time before the last time I visited was in January of 2005. I traveled from Atlanta to Jacksonville so that I could meet a cousin of mine that I hadn't seen in 2 years halfway. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, so Jacksonville was halfway between her home and mine. 6 hours away from Atlanta.... 6 hours from Fort Lauderdale. It was alot more hurried than my last trip there. I arrived at the hotel (Studio 6 at Baymeadows) and sat around for 6 hours before she arrived (i guess i left alot earlier than her). Then we went to eat at Denny's (exotic, i know) and met up with a few friends of hers. Then i went to my hotel and she went to hers. The next day me and her went to Atlantic Beach, then downtown to the Landing to eat at this mexican restaurant that I cant recall what it was named, but it was amazing. Then we drove around and then I drove home. Not the most eventful trip, but i fell in love with Jax that weekend.
- Pros:Great Climate, Beautiful Downtown Skyline, Great Riverfront attractions, Great Beaches, Friendly People
- Cons:Not Close Enough To Visit Every Weekend! :)
- In a nutshell:Cleaner Than Tampa and Nicer Too!
The Jacksonville Landing is a great experience. Take a walk around the Riverwalk or go over the Main Street Bridge for a... more travel advice
msnguy81's Related Pages
Jacksonville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jacksonville & its Beaches"
- "Large Metropolitan City"
- "jacksonville florida"
- "A Story On Jacksonville"
- "Bold New City of the South"
- "Jacksonville - Surprisingly Rich for Tourists"
- "Having fun in Jacksonville, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacksonville
- Hotels in Jacksonville
- Transportation in Jacksonville
- Nightlife in Jacksonville
- Restaurants in Jacksonville
- Shopping in Jacksonville
- Warnings and Dangers in Jacksonville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacksonville
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Jacksonville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacksonville
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.