"My Experience in Jacksonville, Florida" Jacksonville by msnguy81

Jacksonville Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 914 photos

My Last Trip To Jax:

I visited Jacksonville on a getaway with a female friend of mine back in February 2005. We drove 6 hours from our Atlanta area homes to spend a weekend there in Jacksonville to celebrate our new jobs that we got. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the airport. We visited the beaches of Jacksonville Beach, ate dinner at the American Grill at the Jacksonville Landing, got tipsy off the liquor we bought at an ABC Liquor location, and enjoyed the hot tub and pool at the hotel. Overall it was an awesome trip.

The Trip Before Last:

The time before the last time I visited was in January of 2005. I traveled from Atlanta to Jacksonville so that I could meet a cousin of mine that I hadn't seen in 2 years halfway. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, so Jacksonville was halfway between her home and mine. 6 hours away from Atlanta.... 6 hours from Fort Lauderdale. It was alot more hurried than my last trip there. I arrived at the hotel (Studio 6 at Baymeadows) and sat around for 6 hours before she arrived (i guess i left alot earlier than her). Then we went to eat at Denny's (exotic, i know) and met up with a few friends of hers. Then i went to my hotel and she went to hers. The next day me and her went to Atlantic Beach, then downtown to the Landing to eat at this mexican restaurant that I cant recall what it was named, but it was amazing. Then we drove around and then I drove home. Not the most eventful trip, but i fell in love with Jax that weekend.

• Pros:Great Climate, Beautiful Downtown Skyline, Great Riverfront attractions, Great Beaches, Friendly People
  • Cons:Not Close Enough To Visit Every Weekend! :)
  • In a nutshell:Cleaner Than Tampa and Nicer Too!
  • Last visit to Jacksonville: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2005

Comments

msnguy81

“Show me where the chicks are”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Jacksonville

Have you been to Jacksonville?

Latest Activity in Jacksonville