"Ettal - Monastery, Parish and Pilgrimage Basilica" Top 5 Page for this destination Ettal by Diana75

Ettal Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 150 photos

Bavaria is, without doubt, one of Germany's richest regions in hidden gems. Each and every visit to this part of the country let me discover places of a beauty hard to describe in words.

Ettal in South Bavaria is one of those places I've discovered by chance.
It was late on an afternoon when we left Garmisch-Partenkirchen trying to arrive to Wies before sunset to visit again the stunning rococo masterpiece. When we entered Ettal, I was trying to find the shortest way on the map, but seeing that the place was marked with three stars (same as Wies) intrigued us so much that we have decided in a second that it is worth a stop.

And so we have discovered the overwhelming Ettal Monastery!

• Last visit to Ettal: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2007

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Bellissime fotografie!!! Fra un mesetto sarò in Baviera! Qualche consiglio? Grazie mille per gli Auguri!!

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2007 at 8:12 AM

O locatie incantatoare, incarcata de piosenie si credinta! Imaginile sunt pe masura frumusetii arhitecturale ale constructiei. Felicitari si pentru aceasta pagina! Gabriela

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Ah, I drove by so often when going south, but never made it to visit. Thanks for convincing me to stop and look inside :-) It looks marvellous !

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Wonderful stuff, quality all the way (except maybe the abbey the abbey the abbey). Cheers.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 2:14 AM

Outstanding pictures of a very beautiful church I;ve never heard of. Thanks for sharing.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 8:00 AM

A very interesting place in Bavaria which I missed while travelling there. The Ettal church looks very impressive. Thanks Diana for sharing! Let me know when finish this page...

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Lovely church in Ettal - inside and out. I see some tips are unfinished, so I will have to return later to check them out. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Diana75

“Happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it solely depends on what you think”

Badges & Stats in Ettal