Egypt Transportation Tips by Diana75 Top 5 Page for this destination
Egypt Transportation: 358 reviews and 302 photos
Taxi in Cairo
Who didn't hear about Cairo's famous black and white taxis?
We had the opportunity to experiment it two or three times and it was a great experience.
Particularly the one in the picture was the most "trendy" one and during our entire ride we were accompanied by Muslim prayers on the radio.
Luckily or not we were together with out Egyptian friend so we missed the part with the negotiation of the price.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Mini-trains in Valley of the Kings
From the bus parking until the entrance in the Valley of the Kings in Luxor we took a mini-train with to cars.
You can also walk to the entrance but in the summer this is a real challenge.
Felucca in Aswan
Feluccas are typical Egyptian sailing boats.
The Felucca ride is a real pleasure.
It's actually the perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon.
We sailed in Aswan around Elephantine Island and stopped to the Botanical Garden.
We did the ride before our departure on the Nile cruise and because there was no wind we were close to miss the embarkation time.
At the certain point two little boys in a boat full of water came near our felucca and started to sing in different languages for some money.
It's so strange to hear these two boys, which were not more than 6-7 years old, in German, English or Spanish.
Carriage in Edfu
If you are on a Nile cruise ship and you stop to visit Edfu, try a carriage to go to the temple.
It's the perfect way to get in contact with the city life.
The carriages can be found near the place where the cruise ships stop and the cost a two- ways ride is around LE 30- (USD 5-6) for 4 persons.
In case you take the same carriage for both ways, don’t forget to keep in mind the number of the carriage, otherwise it will be pretty difficult to identify it.
Camels on Mt. Sinai
When climbing or going down Mt. Sinai you can take a camel until/from the staircase.
The best option is to take the camel when climbing.
It costs USD 10- but at the end of the ride the owner will ask you for a tip. With another USD 1- you can make him happy.
Actually if you want to experience a camel ride in Egypt try this option instead of a ride around the Pyramids.
The last one does not offer you so many exciting sensations.
In the 1st class air conditioning train to Aswan you can order drinks and breakfast to the stewards.
In case you are pretty tired don’t order the drinks because you will fall asleep before receiving it.
And anyway, the only beer available is without alcohol.
The breakfast costs 15 LE (USD 3-) and consists in a cup of tea, honey, a roll, a cheese sandwich, a cake and a tin of juice (apple or orange).
The breakfast can be ordered in the evening, after the departure, and the stewards will bring it to you at 8:00 in the morning.
The train is offering good conditions although if you have the bad luck to finish near the air conditioning source you may have a “breezy” night.
The chairs are comfortable (business class type) and you can also turn them around.
The toilets are quite clean but you will not find toilet paper.
For large luggage there is a special room at the end of the car, but you also have enough places above the sits.
More Reviews (58)
- See All Night cruise on the Nile in Cairo
- See All Scent of... Egypt
- See All Maadi Church in Cairo
- See All Eat while watching the Sphinx
- See All Don't try to take pictures inside the...
Diana75's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Explore the World
- Willits Hotels
- Cumbria Hotels
- Lopinot Hotels
- Baffin Island
- Kazakhstan Hotels
- Brooklyn Heights
- Mariefred Transportation
- Riga Transportation
- Udaipur Transportation
- Pingyao Transportation
- Região Autónoma dos Açores Transportation
- Winterthur Transportation
- Vatican City Transportation
- Rügen Transportation
- Longsheng Transportation
- Union Territory of Daman and Diu Transportation
- Columbia Transportation
- Tatranska Lomnica Transportation
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 234 Reviews
- 545 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- updated a Egypt Travel Page "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- Commented on one of Paul2001's Egypt travel pages
- Wrote a Review Night cruise on the Nile in Cairo in Egypt Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Top Egypt hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1344 Reviews - 2449 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 672 Reviews - 1678 Photos
- Cairo Hotels
- 3989 Reviews - 9541 Photos
- Alexandria Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1757 Photos
- Luxor Hotels
- 1611 Reviews - 4377 Photos
- Aswan Hotels
- 622 Reviews - 2038 Photos
- Taba Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 252 Photos
- Marsa al `Alam Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Red Sea Hills Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Nabq Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Ismailia Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Thebes Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 106 Photos
- Siwa Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 355 Photos
- Pyramids of Giza Hotels
- 440 Reviews - 1432 Photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Hotels
- 113 Reviews - 335 Photos