"Ggantija Temples on Gozo" Ggantija by Diana75
Ggantija Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 67 photos
Among the best-preserved temples on the Maltese Islands, the Ggantija Temples, on Gozo, are thought to be the oldest free-standing structures in the world.
More than 6000 years old, the Ggantija Temples are also the world's oldest religious structures, pre-dating the Pyramids of Egypt, although they are probably neither more famous nor more impressive than the Pyramids.
As the temples are one of the most important archaeological sites in Malta, a visit to Ggantija in Xaghra, Gozo it is definitely a must.
For the visitors that don't have a guide book and know nothing about Ggantija, on the site there is a board written in... more travel advice
Ggantija became the first of the Maltese megalithic temples to be inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1980. more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Ggantija Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ggantija Temples on Gozo"
- "Ggantija - The World's Oldest Buildings"
- "Ggantija, MT"
- "The giants' temple"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ggantija
- 22 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Ggantija?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ggantija
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues