Gharb Off The Beaten Path Tips by Diana75
Gharb Off The Beaten Path: 4 reviews and 10 photos
Ta' Gurdan Lighthouse view from ta' Pinu
Ta' Gurdan Lighthouse rises to 161 metres above sea level and was built in 1851 under the British rule.
The lighthouse became operational in 1853 in order to help the increasing maritime traffic in the area.
Equipped with modern systems it is said that its beam was visible 38 miles away, and was more powerful than that at St. Elmo in Valletta.
A climb up to the top of the lighthouse offeres a 360 degree panorama of the island.
Romanian Greek-Catholic Mass in ta' Pinu Sanctuary
Participating to a mass in ta' Pinu sanctuary is for everybody a touching experience.
We have asked the permission to celebrate the mass in Romanian in a chapel but they have been much more generous allowing us to celebrate the mass on the main altar.
This definitely was one of the most special moments of our trip!
Gozo's countryside is extremelly beautiful.
The area around ta' Pinu and Gharb in particular has many panoramic countryside tracks and valleys and is ideal for walks and for relaxing.
The stations of Via Crucis on Ghammar Hill
Up to the Ghammar Hill which faces ta' Pinu are placed 14 remarkable marble statues representing the Via Crucis or Way of the Cross.
Climbing to the top of the hill is a real try for all the pilgrims considering Gozo's burning sun, but it is also rewarding.
Half away to the top it is the house of Agatha Barbara, former president Malta.
More Reviews (11)
Diana75's Related Pages
Gharb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santwarju tal-Madonna ta' Pinu"
- "Ta`Pinu Church near Gharb"
- "GHARB - GOZO"
- "Gharb, MT"
- "Sleepy Gharb"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gharb
- Transportation in Gharb
- Restaurants in Gharb
- Warnings and Dangers in Gharb
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sinkyone Wilderness State Park Hotels
- Falmouth Hotels
- Mercatale Hotels
- West Horsham
- Puerto Cabello Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gharb
- 15 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Gharb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gharb
Photos in GharbSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Gharb hotel reviews
- Village Ta' Sbejha
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2012