"Rotunda of Mosta" Top 5 Page for this destination Mosta by Diana75
Mosta Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 220 photos
The Rotunda of St Marija Assunta has the third largest unsupported dome
in the world with a diameter of 40 meters.
The Maltese architect Giorgio Grongnet de Vasse made the innovative plans
of the church based on the ones of the Pantheon in Rome.
On 9 April 1942, the church was nearly destroyed when an Axis bomb
pierced its dome. Luckily the bomb failed to explode. A replica of the
bomb is now displayed as a memorial in the sacristy.
Mosta is located in the centre of Malta, 9 km away from the capital city of Valletta, and easily reachable by the... more travel advice
Built by the Exalco Group, as a new concept in shopping experience, the Cornerstone Complex in Mosta is housing both... more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Mosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rotunda of Mosta"
- "19.000 inhabitants & a giant cuppola"
- "Mosta - My Hometown"
- "Good Friday procession in Mosta"
- "Mosta - Miracle Church"
- "What to do while you are in Mosta."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mosta
- Transportation in Mosta
- Restaurants in Mosta
- Shopping in Mosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Mosta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mosta
- 20 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Mosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mosta
Photos in MostaSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues