"Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun" Top 5 Page for this destination Marsaxlokk by Diana75
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 379 photos
Malta's second largest natural harbor, the colorful Marsaxlokk Bay is an attraction that shouldn't be missed by any real tourist.
... and if not for the famous Sunday fish market or a tasteful fish lunch at least for the fantastic view of the small bay full of traditional Maltese boats with the eye of Osiris painted on their prows and the relaxed atmosphere, the charm and serenity of this place.
The name of Marsaxlokk derives from two words "Marsa", an Arabic word meaning harbor (or port) and Xlokk, the Maltese word for the south-easterly Mediterranean wind. In Italian the word is "sirocco", and is describing the direction (south east), which the bay faces.
With an agitated history over the years, in recent times, Marsaxlokk was the scene of the Bush-Gorbachev Summit in 1989.
The area around the harbour is surrounded by beautiful old buildings, some of them still having facades with old coats... more travel advice
The Roman Catholic faith is predominant in Malta and the church is a very prominent aspect of the Maltese way of... more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Nice little Fishing Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 20 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues