"Banneux - Notre-Dame Sanctuaire" Banneux by Diana75

Banneux Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 30 photos

"I AM THE VIRGIN OF THE POOR"

Mariette Beco was eleven years old in January 1933 when the Virgin appeared for the first time to her.

She was the eldest child of a poor Catholic family of seven children, who lived in a simple working-class house, isolated at the edge of the forest in Banneux.

In the evening of January 15th 1933, the Virgin appeared for the first time to Mariette in the garden of the house.

Since then The Virgin appeared again to Mariette on January 18th, on January 19th, on January 20th, February 11th, February 15th, February 20th and for the last time on March 2nd.

The Messages received by Mariette from the Virgin

"Stretch out your hands into the water. This stream is especially devoted to me. Good night and we'll meet again."

"I am the Virgin of the Poor. This steam is for all nations for the sick! I shall pray for you. I shall pray for you, goodbye for now."

"I would like to see a small chapel."

"I have come to relief the suffering; I shall see you again soon."

"Have Faith in Me: I shall believe in you. Pray a lot, goodbye for now."

"My beloved child, pray a lot. Goodbye for now."

"I am the Mother of The Redeemer, Mother of God. Pray a lot, farewell!"

• Last visit to Banneux: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2006

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Bellissima pagina su questa meta di pellegrinaggio di cui non avevo mai sentito parlare. Magari un giorno ci andrò.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 7:03 AM

Thanks a million for sharing. I have never heard of this place. Chapelle des Apparitions is very picturesque. Small ceramic plaques ordered by the pilgrims who have been healed by the Virgin of the Poor look fantastic!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Looks like you enjoyed your pilgrimage to Banneux. What a lovely experience.

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 1:01 AM

Te felicit si pentru aceasta pagina, realizata in aceeasi maniera de perfectiune si simt pentru detalii. Gabriela

Diana75

“Happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it solely depends on what you think”

Badges & Stats in Banneux

Have you been to Banneux?

Latest Activity in Banneux